The Greater Mystic Chamber of Commerce has a long-standing history of supporting our member organizations with a wide range of benefits and opportunities.
With over 75 years behind us, our members can expect additional scheduled programs and benefits each year, designed specifically with their interests and fields in mind. We continue to seek ways to add value to our membership and our community, all while making the Greater Mystic area a better place to work, live and conduct business. With over 750 members and a retention rate of 90%, the Greater Mystic Chamber of Commerce has a strong record of engaging our members and helping their businesses reach their fullest potential. We are your local chamber of commerce: a partner with business solutions and resources.
Make an investment in your business and community by joining the Greater Mystic Chamber of Commerce!
Visibility & Exposure
- A variety of programs and networking opportunities, including Business After Hours, Business Before Hours, Groton Business Association meetings, Not Your Normal Networking events and more!
- Inclusion in the print and online Membership Directory and Relocation Guide, viewed by thousands of businesses, residents and visitors every year with a print distribution of 29,000.
- Detailed listing on mysticchamber.org and direct web link back to your website. The GMCC website has over 40,000 page views each month, as well as a range of advertising opportunities.
- Ability to post news and events in weekly e-mail blasts, which are sent to over 1,900 local residents and businesses.
- Appear on the GMCC’s popular public access television show, Mystic Matters, hosted by Susette Tibus and Tricia Walsh!
- Display your brochures and business cards at the Welcome Center at the Mystic Depot, where over 70,000 visitors come to learn more about the area every year.
- Free marketing of grand openings and ribbon-cuttings... the GMCC invites local government officials and brings the ceremonial scissors and ribbon!
- The GMCC will send out press releases on behalf of its members to local media outlets.
- Referrals from the GMCC staff whenever inquiries are received.
- A membership decal— a sign of an invested community business in Southeastern CT!
Advocacy & Support
- Notary public services are at no charge.
- The GMCC staff each have an area of expertise and are a resource for small businesses in need of help and information.
- Chamber staff represent our members through its membership and participation in many organizations, serving as a liaison to the Greater Mystic area. (Link back to Business Resources page)
Member Only Benefits
- Special invitations and prices for GMCC sponsored events, including Business After Hours.
- Discounts and promotions are available only to GMCC members.
- Receive a copy of the GMCC’s physical mailing list electronically at no charge.
- Borrow our state-of-the-art LCD Projector and Sound System at no charge.
- Participate on one of the GMCC’s many active committees—give your input and get involved!
- Only GMCC members can participate in the town-wide gift certificate program, Mystic Dollars. Since the program began in 1998, it has grossed over $226,000 in sales— all money that goes directly back to those participating local member businesses.