Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to be an advocate for business and tourism; to promote business alliances; to provide valuable benefits and services to our members; and to serve as a strong community partner in the economic development efforts in the the Greater Mystic area.
Visibility & Exposure
- Programs and networking opportunities, including Business After Hours, Business Before Hours, Groton Business Association meetings, Learning Lunches and more!
- Membership Directory and Relocation Guide, viewed by thousands of businesses, residents and visitors every year with a print distribution of 20,000+
- The opportunity to become an Event Sponsor...it comes with tons of fringe benefits and puts your business front-and-center on all print and digital marketing assets
- Detailed listing on mysticchamber.org and direct web link back to your website. The GMCC website has over 300,000 referrals per year, as well as a range of advertising opportunities.
- Post news and events in our Homepage news feed, inclusion in our weekly e-mail newsletters to more than 1,700 local residents and businesses
- Advertise your business in our Welcome Center
- Hosted by Susette Tibus and Kristin Hartnett, talk your business up on the GMCC’s popular public access television show, Mystic Matters
- Free marketing of grand openings and ribbon-cuttings; the GMCC invites local government officials and brings the ceremonial scissors and ribbon
- The GMCC will send out press releases on behalf of its members to local media outlets
- Referrals from the GMCC staff whenever inquiries are received
- A membership decal— a sign of an invested community business in Southeastern CT!
- Main Street Mystic Banner - a benefit for non-profit members, a week long banner hang devoted to your event.
Advocacy & Support
- The GMCC staff each have an area of expertise and are a resource for small businesses in need of help and information
- Chamber staff represent our members through its membership and participation in many organizations, serving as a liaison to the Greater Mystic area
- We will write letters of advocacy for business interests in the community, and attend public hearings in support
Other Great Benefits
- Special invitations and prices for GMCC sponsored events, including Business After Hours
- Discounts and promotions are available only to GMCC members
- Receive a copy of the GMCC’s physical-address mailing list electronically at no charge
- Borrow our state-of-the-art LCD Projector and Sound System at no charge
- Participate on one of the GMCC’s many active committees—give your input and get involved!
- Only GMCC members can participate in the town-wide gift certificate program, Mystic Dollars. Since the program began in 1998, it has grossed over $226,000 in sales— all money that goes directly back to those participating local member businesses. JOIN TODAY